Bed Bug Infestation: Preventive Measures You Can Take
Bed bugs are great hitchhikers. They can move from an infested site to a new home by traveling on furniture, bedding, luggage, boxes, and clothing. Although they typically feed on blood every five to ten days, bed bugs can be quite resilient; they are capable of surviving several months to a year without feeding. Bed bug bites can carry allergy reactions and can provide mental distress such as not getting enough sleep due to bites during the night. Bed bugs infestation in singapore is one of the most common pest problems in HDB households, and it is important to take preventive measures now before they start invading your home.
Here are some preventive measures you can take:
1) Check second-hand furniture, beds, and couches for any signs of bed bug infestation before bringing them home.
2) Clear out clutter. Space with clutter gives bed bugs potential spots to hide and makes it easier for the bugs to infest your home. It’s much harder to monitor for the presence of bed bugs if you can’t get to items or easily move them around. By clearing out clutter, it minimizes the places where the bugs can hide I which is essential for keeping the bugs out.
3) Check mattresses regularly. Mattresses are the most common hiding spots for bed bugs infestation. Always check for any blood spots around your mattresses to ensure that your mattress is free from bed bugs.
4) Vacuum frequently to remove any successful hitchhikers.
5) Identify early signs of bed bugs. Bites are typically small red marks that often appear in rows and can be itchy. If you face any small red marks on your body, it may be a sign of early bed bug infestation, which is the time when you seek assistance immediately before it results in a large infestation.
We hope that these tips are able to help you successfully prevent bed bug infestation in your home. Already facing bed bug infestation? Contact us immediately and we will be happy to assist you.